Monday, April 22, 2013

My Concrete Jungle!


Hello Obsessionites!

With warm weather a brewing I am obsessed with enjoying every minute of sunshine in the Big Apple! Months and months I have suffered Mother Nature's winter furry and now it is time to finally rejoice in t-shirts and capris!

This week I am going to give you all the inside scoop on the places to be in NYC; from a New Yorkers point of view!

First off, when the warm weather finally arrives relaxing at a park is the place to be! Don't get ahead of yourself! I am not going straight to the movie cliche of a picnic in Central Park. I am actually going to suggest Madison Square Park; located at 23rd Street and Madison Ave. This beautiful park is the perfect size to have plenty to enjoy, without being a tourist hot spot that is. My favorite part has to be Shake Shack. Aka the best burger place in the city; well in my opinion.



My second hot spot is the Columbus Circle Mall. One of my favorite malls in the city. A place that has great stores; including Whole Foods; and a nice area to relax outside. Right in front of the main entrance is the infamous metal Globe, Christopher Columbus statue surrounded by a fountain; all of which boarder the south west corner of Central Park. So, if you're looking for a little shopping, mixed with a Food Truck lunch, and topped with a walk in the park, then Columbus Circle Mall is the place for you.


The third place on my list is High Line Park. I mean what is better that an elevated park! High Line Park is extremely unique in that it was created on top of old elevated train tracks. It is a great place to look over the streets of New York and enjoy a sunset at the same time. Located in the lower west side of Manhattan there is plenty of things to do around High Line Park, so when you are done with a nice one mile walk you can enjoy one of the great restaurants in the area. 


For all my fellow New Yorkers out there, let me know your favorite places to enjoy during the warm months in the comments below.


Until Next Sunday!
--CaitShannon

No comments:

Post a Comment